Thursday, August 11, 2016

Week 5 EOC: This is what has my interest

http://www.music-news.com/news/UK/99496/Bruno-Mars-in-talks-for-Las-Vegas-residency-report.
This really caught my attention because I currently work near the residancey spot for Brittney and JLO. I can tell you it is always banging for the weekly performaces. But to bring sombody as new as Bruno Mars who less then two years ago was a super bowl headliner I feel would bring counless more tourest in. This caught my attention soley becasue it could mean some big changes for us where I work and also this city.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/stacie-huckeba/a-professionals-perspective-on-sexism-in-the-music-industry_b_10762200.html
This one got me because it really made me upset due to the fact that this industry is about music which is universal. You should not have bias cast upon you for something you cant control, such as gender. It even been statistically proven woman are better audio engineers and the fact they are being pushed out for the main fact of there gender. Well I can tell you for a fact 60% of my epmployees in studio will be female.
https://www.theguardian.com/film/2016/aug/04/atlantic-records-reddit-ip-address-suicide-squad-leak?CMP=share_btn_tw
This ones big. With the release of Suicide Squad and in my opinion the first dc movie EVERYONE said at least it was pretty good a lawsuit of course would soon follow. And it has nothing to do with any of the actors or producers. It has to do with a leaked song form the Suicide Squad track list. Depending on how this goes we could see some flares of creative ownership. And another major announcement Harley Quinn is getting her own movie.

No comments:

Post a Comment